Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Monkey Fun


I decided to be my own genie and give myself 20 wishes. One of them is to draw more for no other reason than I like to draw. I got away from it because I didn't think I was very good and I am always pressed for time. But now I don't really care if I'm good or bad - I just feel like I need to do something creative, to put my head in a different place every now and then, to play and have fun. I work a lot - and that's okay, I don't mind, but I want to make sure I have balance. Drawing to me is a way of playing.

The thing that has really surprised me is how much I actually like what's been coming off my pencil. It may not be technically great, but it's not bad.

The monkey's were inspired by an exercise out of Carla Sonheim's book: Drawing Lab I can't say enough great things about this book - fun exercises, delightful artwork, great insights. If you want to try drawing or know someone who does, this is a must.

Try it and I can just about guarantee that you will be surprised and delighted with what comes off your pencil too.

1 comment:

Dorothy said...

Your picture made me smile!

I hope you continue to take care of you!!!