Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Family Ties



We were off to Michigan over the weekend for a fabulous family reunion. Lots of aunts, uncles, cousins and great food. This is where I spent time every summer growing up so it was nice to touch base again. I'm sort of jealous of the dishcloths that got to stay in this peaceful place.

But how to repay an aunt who opens her home to my large family, borrows a trailer to help house us, loans us her car and does the cooking and cleaning? A couple of knitted disch cloths and some good old fashioned New England coffee doesn't begin to cover it, but that's what I've got to give.
They are a ballband from the Mason Dixon book and the bluebell rib: http://www.geocities.com/love2knit_dishcloths/Dishcloth014. It was much easier and faster this time around because I understood the pattern and I knew what to expect.

4 comments:

monica said...

Sounds like a great weekend. And that does look like a peaceful spot.

Allison said...

Those disclothes are beautiful and I bet your Aunt will think of you every time she uses them and it will bring a smile to her face. Looks like a gorgeous place!

Janice said...

Sounds like a heavenly vacation! I love the dishcloths... it is a fun pattern once you get the hang of it and they turned out so beautiful!!

Unknown said...

Wonderful colors for those dishcloths!