Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Clean Sweep

I dream of the perfectly organized work room that contains everything I will ever need for any project. Perhaps that is why I hang on to everything I have ever brought into my room. Tiny scraps too small for anything but a Barbi Doll bikini, empty spools, patterns that I never like well enough to cut out in the first place. There have been times when I've actually found use for these odds and ends, and so I save them, letting them accumulate under the table, in the closet and up on the shelves. Enough already. I can only organize so much and then it's just clear that somethings have to go. It helps to think that they might be of use to someone else. Why should I keep them locked up? I have to set them free. Of course, some things just have to be let go. It's very hard as a child of the recycling generation to come to terms with the fact that some things just have to go to the dump.

No comments: