Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Tada


Aside from the fact that it might just be too small for the intended recipient, don't you think this hat is awfully cute? The best part is I had enough yarn! Yeah! There was even a little extra for the tassles! Yeah!


I do like the fun fur stripe - especially because it uses up a left over that I didn't have the heart to throw away but couldn't quite figure out what to do with. Here is what I learned from this project: I decided to do the fun fur accent in knit stitch with a garter stitch border on the top and bottom. It looks better with one extra row of knitting in the main color before changing to garter stitch.


I've already had requests for two more, but they're from the 3 and 6yo who pretty much want just about anything I knit.


The yarn is Knit Picks superwash - very soft and scooshy. Just keep in mind there's only around 100 yards on a skein, so you might need more than you realize.

2 comments:

Holly Jo said...

It does look so cute! I always marvel at how much yardage garter stitch eats up.

Glad you had enough.

Anonymous said...

Very cute!