Sunday, July 22, 2007

Thank you mom


Here it is: Proof that I really do knit with the yarn you buy me mom! This is Noro Silk Garden that mom found while on a biking trip. She also brought me some vintage knitting books that she carried on her bike! The scarf is made of triangles that are knit together in a very clever way. It was tricky getting started, but lots of fun once I got the hang of it. Losing the pattern out of the Jeep (see earlier post) made ending it more of an adventure than usual. It took me a few tries, but I figured it out based on what I remembered from reading ahead. I've even written the pattern down so I can try it again later. I was tempted to rely on my memory but really that's not wise.
Some people found it a little bit odd that I was wearing a scarf in the summer at the beach - clearly they are not addicted knitters well acquainted with the joy of finishing a tough project. Besides, it kept me toasty warm on a chilly night.
We've been back from the trip for a week now and I'm still unpacking! Everytime I think I'm done, I find another bag that's been tucked away. I don't even want to talk about the laundry - the mountains and mountains of towels, sheets, shorts and more towels. I think the kids brought and wore their entire wardrobe! Or maybe that's how they got unpacked so fast LOL

1 comment:

Janice said...

Congratulations on finishing your scarf!!! What an adventurous project from buying the yarn to finishing pattern-less!! The photo on the beach is great!!!