Saturday, March 01, 2008

Can we build it?


Yes we can! In a rare and brief lull between work, book, and running chidren around, a fix-the-kitchen-floor fever overtook my husband. It started when my dad offered to buy us a new floor for Christmas. We're supposed to have someone else do it, but for whatever reason, it seems to be harder to find someone than to just do it - my guy is like that. After talking about it for so many weeks, he just grabbed a scraper and got started today.


The 2yo was thrilled to see a little Bob the Builder action going on right in her own kitchen. She grabbed her tool belt and hard hat and came down to lend a hand. He pulled up towels and she sang at the top of her lung: Bob the builder! Can we fix it? Yes we can! We'll see... right now we have a very torn up floor. The new floor is sitting in boxes in the foyer - bamboo.


Amazing how much work it all is - we have to move a giant stove, a giant refrigerator and a massive radiator. But at the end of it, we'll have a real grown up kitchen instead of the shabby flop house style kitchen we have now.


On a completely separate note - I have discovered why it is a very good idea for parentsto buy the children comfortable beds (aside from just wanting your children to be comfortable) We started the night just the two of us. Long about 2 a.m., the dog joined us. An hour or so later, the 5 yo climbed in. Just a bit later the 2 yo came in. No more room for me. I figured the best idea was to take over the 2 yo's bed. I wasn't there for 10 minutes later, the dog wandered in!

1 comment:

Allison said...

I love it! I'm sure the Commander's help will speed things right along! Can't wait to see the new floor - I hear that Bamboo is all the rage. Mom and Dad got it and it looks fabulous.