Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Kindergarten blues




Really they should have counselors on site for Kindergarten registration. I was nearly in tears and it's not just because of the huge check I had to hand over. I'm singing the refrain that must be on every mother's lips at this time "I can't believe it's been five years already!"
I should be happy that she's taking this big step toward becoming a real grown up kid but I find myself missing the little girl she was even though she's right here. Coming out of the school I could see her running across the field in her butterfly Halloween costume, wings flapping behind her. I am excited to get to know the little person she is becoming but it's hard to let go of the little one that was!

1 comment:

Janice said...

Good idea about counselors at kindergartern registration. I think they should also have them at high school graduations!! My daughter is graduating in a few weeks and I'm thinking has it been 18 years already???