Tuesday, September 26, 2006

An expensive free show


Here's the lesson I learned Sunday: It is a bad idea to go to a yarn festival without a work in progress, aka a wip, or at least knitting supplies. This is because you will be truly tempted to get one started. Add to that a need to spend an unspecified amount of time on the playground while the 4yo plays and I was totally sunk.

I had planned to get yarn to make a hat for my aunt, but I hadn't planned on getting sticks, a measuring tape and a cutter. Oh well, these things are always disappearing into the void anyway, so it can't hurt to have extras, right?

I was able to check my gauge and cast on and play tag with the 4yo -- not all at the same time, of course.

I will be using the Yarn Harlot's no pattern hat pattern. I'm getting 4 stitchest to the inch and it needs to be 24 inches around - so that's 96 inches, right? I never imagined when I was struggling math that I would one day need it for my craft.

The yarn is Debbie Bliss's cashmerino chunky. I am in love with this yarn. It is so soft and scooshy. This is very important because my aunt is going through chemo therapy and has lost her hair. I want this to the be softests, most comfortable hat she owns. It will have a rolled brim and be extra tall, per her request.

No comments: