Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Take this cake....please



Knitting has given way to baking today and it isn't a pretty thing. I was not blessed with my grandma's baking genes. That's generally a good thing given the size my jeans would be if I had been.

That being said, life sometimes necessitates baking - and so here is my best attempt hampered not only by my lack of ability but also a disasterous oven with a mind of its own. Even at 50 degrees below what was called for and 5 minutes shaved off the cooking time, one of the two layers burned (even though they were cooked at the same time and switched halfway through baking at least only one burned). Thank goodness for a sharp knife and a lot of frosting.

Given that it's nearly Halloween and this is for a 12-year-old boy, the theme is Attack of the Giant Gummy Worms.

1 comment:

Dipsy Doodle said...

Awww - I think this is perfect, absolutely perfect! Yummy!

Dipsy D.
http://www.millharrow.com/weblog