Monday, July 21, 2008

Summer Time and the Livin' is Busy





I thought things were supposed to slow down in the summer! Hah! Is it possible they are actually busier? Maybe it's just because the children have invaded my office. At one point earlier this evening, I was trying to figure out what day of the week it was - I was stunned to realize it's only Monday! I have packed at least three to four days' worth of activity into it.




It seems we just got back from CT and now it's time to pack for WI. I'm sure it will be a great trip, even though it will start at 4 a.m. Most flights leave early so that connections can be made in hub cities. Ours will go through Detroit. It's never easy when the alarm goes off, but we'll be at our destination by noon.




In the midst of my craziness, a package arrived out of the blue from Alaska - isn't this yarn gorgeous? It's hand painted merino/mohair/nylon - fingering weight. It's like Wisteria translated into yarn. A gift from a fellow mom and yarn addict - Holly Jo. She posts great pictures of our northern-most state. I'm making some great plans for it - scarf, socks gloves, perhaps, but for now I'm just enjoying it's loveliness.


The gorgeous soft peachy-pink traveled all the way from Finland. It is a bamboo/soy yarn, the likes of which I have been eager to try. It's very soft and has a glamorous sheen. It's from my wonderful SP12 Pal, who also sent very yummy chocolate (shhh, don't tell the kids - I have some stashed in the freezer so I can savor it), a pack of darling daisy buttons and some sweet heart magnets that have already been claimed by the little ones. For those of you curious about Finland, my pal also sent a link to some awesome pictures. The little ones were amazed to see all the snow given how hot it is here. (How quickly we forget) I love these exchanges because it's so fun to get to know someone you'ld probably never otherwise meet.
And finally, under the influence of the UFO KAL, I've once again picked up my Secrets of the Stole - this is the first once from last November. I love knitting lace, but it requires a degree of concentration and there are so many rows in this project! I'm nearing 300, but I'm not even close to half way there. The funny thing is, I started a turtles' club for those of us who were going slower than the speed demons and most (if not all) of the turtles have already finished! The problem is I get distracted with things I can finish more quickly.

1 comment:

Holly Jo said...

Your SP is from Finland? That is awesome! You'll have to keep us posted about the bamboo. I have always wanted to try some.

The stole looks lovely. 300 rows? That sounds impressive to me. :)