Saturday, March 31, 2007

Hope

I had the privilege today to hear a talk by Becky Pippert during a women's retreat at my church. She is an engaging speaker with incredible insight into God's promise for our lives. Her message is that we are special to God. He adores us and wants to have a personal relationship with us.

He reaches out to us at our most vulnerable moments. When we think we are all out of patience or the ability to cope with the troubles of our lives, that's where we find Him.

Seeing her was especially thrilling to me because I heard tapes of one of her talks years ago when I was in high school, and she had a profound affect on my understanding of God and His plan for my life. I won't ramble on here since this is a knitting blog, but if you want to hear more about what she said, send me an email at jennifer.news@gmail.com

And since this is a knitting blog, I will admit that, I managed to sneak away with my mom during the lunch break to pick up some yarn for a beret for her. We splurged on some cream colored Debbie Bliss baby alpaca, which was by far the softest yarn in the shop. I hope this will be a better alternative to wool, which makes her itchy.

This beret is to replace the last one I made her, which she lost the last time she was in Boston. I told her I'm going to put a big label with her name and phone number in this one!

1 comment:

Danielle said...

It sounds like you had a great time!