Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Learn from my mistakes


I have for some time been wanting to knit a bobbled dish rag from the Mason Dixon book. I had the perfect yarn from Lisa ( http://saratogaknitting.blogspot.com/), my spoiler for the Secret Pal 9. I thought it would be a nice challenge. A little too challenging for my addled brain as it turned out. I cast on 150 stitches, purled and then made the bobbles. There were supposed to be 6. I had more than 10. I read the pattern again. And then again. And then again.

Here is what it said: *k12, mb (make a bobble),k12* Repeat to end. Can you guess what I did wrong? I'll put it in the comment section.

4 comments:

Jknits said...

Here's what I did:
k12, mb, k12, mb, k12, mb, k12, mb ... until I got to the end and realized I didn't have the right number of stitches to end the row.
What I should have done:
k12, mb, k 24, mb, k24, mb.. etc. and then knit the last 12 stitches.
DOH!

The worst part was I almost made the same kind of mistake 2 rows later LOL

Danielle said...

I guessed!! It sounds too much like something I might do!!

Melissa Perreault said...

Eek, could it be fixed or did you have to visit the frog pond? Rippit, rippit. (blah, don't like frogs)

That green is pretty, will be a nice springy color to brighten those dishcleaning chores!!

Unknown said...

I don't even want to think about how many times I have done this!