Thursday, March 01, 2007

Three Little Kittens...no lost mittens (please)




My 4 yo requested mittens - not just any old mittens, but felted mittens!








Apparently, what I've been doing has rubbed off on her!








She chose the yarn - Cascade 220 in lovely pink (of course). The pattern is from Felted Knits -- I think it's probably the most complicated one I could have found -- it has short rows. I'm also adding little pockets, just for the fun of it.








Meanwhile, I looked up from my window and saw "Big John" pulling into Boston Harbor. This is the last time the John F. Kennedy aircraft carrier will be in town. It moves pretty fast for a big ship, if I'd looked up just five minutes later, I would have missed it.




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely pink gloves

Danielle said...

I love that color, is that Quattro 220? It looks just like a yarn I'm using!

That view of the harbor is absolutely beautiful!

Unknown said...

The JFK brings back memories! It was the site of my first "date" with my husband! Many many moons ago when it was in Boson I got tickets for an officers tour from a friend - it was the perfect reason to ask my husband to go along! The rest is history!! :-)