Thursday, March 08, 2007

International Tote Exchange III






I have avoided posting one of my most recent major knitting projects because I was hoping to remain anonymous to my partner for the International Tote Exchange. But the tote has arrived and I've been revealed so here it is.

The brief was this: Business casual, medium size - roomy enough for lunch, wallet and a knitting project, handles long enough to hang off the shoulder and bright colors or pastel.

After much, much deliberation, I settled on a pattern from the One Skein book that I've been wanting to try. Only I altered the handles to fit the brief. I ran out of the grey yarn with just two inches on the second handle, but that was really the only glitch of the project. It turned out exactly as I pictured it.
In the pictures, you can see the yarn - Lamb's Pride, the swatches, the pre-felted purse (big enough for a skirt!) and the finished product.

It's for a new friend, Danielle, who works in the accounting department of a children's hospital on the west coast and has been drafted into teaching others to knit. She is also a fabulous knitter - check out her incredible shawl: http://knittingniche.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

Melissa Perreault said...

oooh, you made that cute bag!! I saw it on the blog and was admiring it. And what a cute skirt it makes!! Duel purpose knitting, cool!! ;-)

Allison said...

WOW! It looks fabulous. I just love it!